We are born with a pair of eyes that need to last us our entire lifetime. At Sydney Goldwyn we will invest in your eye health and give your eyes the care they deserve.
Not all eye tests are the same. If you think all opticians are the same, then think again. Like almost every sector, there are a range of offerings. There are providers of wholesale healthcare, who stack it high and sell it cheap. Then on the other side of the spectrum, you have those who provide a bespoke healthcare service albeit at a price. To deliver exception healthcare, we believe that an investment of time, technology, and ongoing training is required. And this can only be achieved by charging the appropriate fees. A healthcare system that is truly sustainable. When deciding which eyecare practice is right for you consider the following points:
- What level of expertise does the optometrist have? Three of our optometrists have 1st class honours degrees. Our professional team is engaged with ongoing CPD and have completed postgraduate studies. We are members of the College of Optometrist.
- How many years of experience does the optometrist have? Three of our senior optometrists have 20 years of industry experience, each. It is our wealth of experience that enables us to manage our patients’ need effectively.
- What level of technology will they use to examine your eyes? Our state-of-the-art hospital grade equipment will give you peace of mind that the job has been done properly. Our specialist equipment includes Optos Daytoma Plus, Topcon Maestro 2, and Humphrey Visual Field Analyser. Read more about the technology we use.
- How much time will I get with my optometrist? Typically, opticians offer twenty-minute appointments but when you book with us, we will allow up to an hour with the optometrist. There is nothing worse that feeling rushed, getting home, and remembering all the things you forgot to mention, or your new glasses prescription not feeling right. Is it really your fault? Did you really understand the all the questions? We will take the time to listen and understand your concerns. The extra time allows us to get an accurate final prescription.
- What will it cost me? If the average cost of delivering an eye adult examination in England and Wales is eighty pounds, then how is it being offered below this? We do not conceal our fees in spectacle frames, optical lens or make you feel pressured to buy. Of course, we would love for you to leave with a dashing new pair of super stylish spectacles! View our fees.